In 2014 the mailout.co caravan was launched. Funded by Arts Council England in partnership with the Mela and Festivals Partnership North West, the caravan is an experiment in creative data and opinion gathering at festivals and events.
The mailout.co caravan is a quirky, post-office themed 12’ 1983 caravan painted bright red with postboxes and its own ‘video me’ video booth.
In its first season (2014) it has visited and sought the views of correspondents at:
- 21-22 June Manchester Mega Mela, Platt Fields, Manchester
- 8 August EAT, Blackburn is Open, Blackburn Town Centre
- 15-16 August The Beasts of Bowland, Gisburn Forest, Lancashire
- 31 August The London Mela, Gunnersbury Park, London
- 6 September Blackburn Festival, Witton Country Park, Blackburn
- 24 October Lancashire Arts Summit, Burnley Arts Centre
- 21 November With BBC Radio Lancashire and the BBC Radio Bus in Accrington