Blaze is a Lancashire County Council project that encourages and develops the next generation of cultural producers by creating exciting collaborations between young people, artists and cultural venues.
To develop and strengthen the Partnerships and support Blaze Youth Forums, across Lancashire. Developing and building on networks of arts organisations and venues including libraries and museums in Lancashire.
- To facilitate and organise Blaze Forums, Blaze Committee and Blaze arts partners
- To oversee Blaze Finance and Project Budgets
- To communicate via newsletter/bulletins to individuals and organisations involved with Blaze
- Co-ordinating Blaze projects for the Blaze Festival (early September 2014)
- Develop group and individual membership for Blaze so everyone feels part of the Blaze brand and ethos.
- Co-ordinating external communications including website updates and social media
- Working with Blaze Programme Manager (Co-ordination) and managing Blaze Co-ordinators and Volunteers
- Strengthening the connection between Blaze as a project and brand with the satellite of youth forums that are developing within Libraries and museums within Lancashire
Blaze is currently working with North by North West a network of contemporary visual arts organisations in Lancashire and Cumbria. The aim of this project is to help develop the engagement of young people with these venues and this will take approx.. 1 day per week of the Programme Managers time.
- Experience of managing arts projects
- Experience of working with young people
- Being able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Experience of marketing and social media
- Good organisational skills
- Good Time Management
- Experience of managing budgets
Job Title: Blaze Programme Manager (Engagement)
Status : Freelance Contract. Fixed Contract 36 days total July 2014 until 30th September 2014
Fee: £2997 freelance/self employed contract. + in work travel (excludes commuting)
Reports to: Paul Kelly, Senior Arts Development Manager, LCC
Please send covering letter stating why you are interested in this contract and CV via email to: email@example.com
By 5pm on Friday 27th June – Please mark you email Blaze Programme Manager application