Click here to download the PDF: mailout May June 2013
- ACE chair Peter Bazalgette defends Culture Secretary Maria Miller’s decision to champion economic value over intrinsic.
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary Fiona Hyslop claims culture and creativity in Scotland and the UK is ‘distinctly different’.
- mailout editor Robert Howell evaluates the danger of too much investment in ambitious architecture.
- Rick Faulkner talks to mailout about an arts organisation which moved its home from a chicken shed to an impressive edifice that has won awards.
- David Lan, Artistic Director of the Young Vic tells mailout about the latest national conversation starter in the arts that has everyone talking.
- Minerva Arts and Swansea M.A.D tells us why their cities are worthy winners for the title of City of Culture 2017.
- Jackie Reynolds opens up fresh perspectives of people’s health experiences through the form of creative writing in ‘And the Doctor said…’
- Isabel Jones of Salamanda Tandem unlocks the inspiring inner world of artists with visual impairments as she discusses the programming, passion and planning that went into the international event the FRAGILE? Symposium.
- All of this, plus our regular features of Talking Through The Arts, Latest News and our Funding round up.