Click here to download a PDF: mailout: October / November 2011
The October/November publication has over 40 pages of features, articles and information. Within this issue all our regular features plus:
- Exclusive Ed Vaizey interview: mailout’s Claire Williams interviews Culture Minister, Ed Vaizey and discovers just how little he knows about participatory arts.
- Sexuality: Niranjan Kamatkar, Artistic Director for GFEST 2011 gives us the low down on the festival celebrating LGBT creativity, Marta Kochanek introduces Queer’ists; tackling LGBT issues through the camera lens, Steven Thomson of Glasgay! talks about counteracting homophobia through art and Lindsay Blair summarises the recent controversial battle between Lee Hall, Opera North and the local community.
- European Partnerships: Mark Webster introduces ‘Localise’, a long term project aimed at determining approaches to participatory arts practice in Europe and Headway Arts share the secret of the word ‘cocreation’ and how they’ve been using it all along.
- Company profile: Lindsay Blair spends a day in the Black Country with multistory.
- With additional articles from Director of Firebird Promotions, Jess Morganon how we must redefine community art, nationwide project somewhereto_ on unlocking spaces for young people, Mark Foord on using poetry, prose and dance in social work education and Kerry Rodgers and Lindsay Blair offer an insiders view on work experience placements in cultural arts organisations.